Finding the best hair growth products for black hair can be a never-ending struggle for women of African American descent. Some go through dozens of products without finding one that will help with their hair growth. It will require more than just regular maintenance, as black hair is vulnerable to breakage, hair frizz, and several hair issues that do not support the healthy growth of the mane.
Table of Contents
- Why Is It Hard To Get Black Hair To Grow?
- ArtNaturals Argan Hair Growth Shampoo and Conditioner
- Hair Growth Vitamin Supplements by Zenwise Health
- Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil
- Hair Growth Serum, May Beau Hair Growth Treatment Oil for Men and Women
- PURA D’OR Original Gold Label Shampoo and Conditioner for Anti-Thinning
- Other Solutions For Taming Black Frizzy Hair
- We Want To Know What Works For You
Why Is It Hard To Get Black Hair To Grow?
Black hair is very coarse, thick and curly. Even putting a comb through this type of hair can lead to breakage. The use of a lot of products to tame hair can lead to damage. Making it extremely difficult to have healthy hair that naturally grows on its own. There are some fantastic products on the market geared towards African American hair, which helps stimulate natural hair growth.
ArtNaturals Argan Hair Growth Shampoo and Conditioner
The Art Natural Argan Hair Growth Shampoo and Conditioner is known as one of the best hair growth products available on the market. Formulated with Argan oil, Aloe Vera, Rosemary and a number of other vital ingredients that help enhance the growth of hair.
This shampoo and conditioner are formulated to help revitalize the follicles of hair and promote growth. Containing several DHT blockers, which will prevent damage and hair loss. DHT causes hair loss as it cuts off the supply of blood to the follicle. The combination of natural oils will help improve hydration to the hair. Perfect for all types of hair, as it has properties that strengthen and protect the hair.
- Prevents hair loss
- Supports hair growth
- Hydrates hair
- Sulfate and paraben-free
- Some people do not like the scent
Hair Growth Vitamin Supplements by Zenwise Health
These growth vitamins contain both biotin and DHT blockers, which are known for preventing hair loss. With 25 powerful ingredients, this supplement helps provide nutrition for weak and brittle hair. As a result, consumers will experience a mane that is healthier, stronger and softer.
Both Biotin and vitamin B7 are known to restore thickness and strength to hair in a natural way. This supplement contains vitamins A, C, E, B6 and B12, which are known to help improve hair growth. The grape seed extract is another ingredient in this supplement, which helps maintain a healthy scalp and protect the hairline.
- Works for men and women
- Eliminates hair loss
- Supports hair growth
- Promotes the health of the hair
- May not work on all hair types
Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil help naturally improve hair growth. This line of products includes shampoo and conditioner, which deeply cleanses and moisturizes hair. It also helps remove buildup and prevent hair from breaking.
The Jamaican Black Castor Oil Conditioner contains shea butter, peppermint, and keratin proteins, which help make hair smooth. It also has detangling properties, which will help prevent further breakage. Peppermint is known to help stimulate the scalp, which will enhance blood flow to the area. These products are known for reviving the hair by strengthening it and restoring moisture. As a result, the hair will be able to grow and appear healthier and shinier.
- Conditions and smooths hair
- Prevents breakage
- Stimulates hair growth
- Thickens the hair
- Stimulates the scalp
- It is scented
- It is hard to come by
Hair Growth Serum, May Beau Hair Growth Treatment Oil for Men and Women
This serum is known to give results in as little as thirty days. It strengthens hair and accelerates hair growth. It has been approved by the FDA and is manufactured with pure natural extracts. Known to help with dry and itchy scalp issues, as well as promoting cell growth and nourishing hair. The perfect solution for hair that is frizzy or damaged from color treatments.
- Promotes hair growth and eliminates hair loss
- Strengthens and nourishes the hair
- Reduces hair frizz and fights hair color damage
- It may cause itching to sensitive people
- It may cause allergic reactions
PURA D’OR Original Gold Label Shampoo and Conditioner for Anti-Thinning
Known to be the most effective product for thickening hair. Manufactured with 17 active ingredients, which help decrease elements that cause hair to thin. In addition, these ingredients promote hair growth and help eliminate additional shedding and thinning. Packed with essential vitamins and Moroccan Argan oil, which hydrate and strengthen hair. If you suffer from frizzy hair, then this is the product you want to turn to. It helps prevent breakage and softens the hair.
- Works on all hair types
- Hydrates the hair
- Protects the hair from breakage and thinning
- If not used properly, it may not work
Other Solutions For Taming Black Frizzy Hair
Even with the right products, there are some easy things that you can do to help maintain your hair and prevent frizz and static. Here are just a few:
- Anti Static Brush – According to Forbabs, the anti static brush can work on any type of hair and is the perfect solution for combatting frizz.
- Air Dry – Never use a blow drier to dry your hair, as this will only cause more frizz and damage.
- Conditioner – If you have issues with frizz, then you want to use a lot of conditioners every time you wash your hair
- Towel Drying – Do not rub your hair with a towel because this will cause friction, breakage and split ends. If using a towel opt for a microfiber cloth, as they create less static.
- Playing With Hair – Stop touching your hair. I know it is tempting, but this will cause more frizz throughout the day.
We Want To Know What Works For You
Do you have some tips, tricks or products that work for taming your black hair? Comment below and tell us what works for you!